Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Beachy Weekend

I spent the majority of my weekend in _____ Beach. Thursday, I met some friends in Pacific Beach to play night football in the sand under the lights in front of the Capri Hotel. So fun, but considering I'd been working at a tradeshow at 6am that morning, I was pretty wiped on Friday.

Saturday night BestMomEver and I went up to Newport Beach, to the Newport Beach Country Club, to watch a World Team Tennis match with Pete Sampras as the marquee player for the Newport Breakers. A nice surprise was Martina Hingis playing for the New York team; she played really well and was a lot of fun to watch. Pete, unfortunately, not so much. He did not seem very interested in being there which was a bummer for all the spectators that came out to see him. 

Pete Sampras on the Newport Breakers bench

Martina Hingis playing singles

Then I finished the weekend having a mini-college reunion in Long Beach with some great friends who'd attended a wedding. We had an awesome brunch at Schooner or Later, then a few of us walked around the harbor for a bit. I only got a picture of a few of the people that I got to see, but still captured a great day!



I head to Dallas next week for a certain S.Hutch's wedding and a week at the Texas office. Not excited about the heat, but I cannot wait to see all my friends that I miss so dearly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment