Friday, March 25, 2011

Must Do

This month, D Magazine made a list of all the things you "must do" to consider yourself a Dallas local. While I don't plan to get fake boobs or hire a day laborer, I'm rather impressed with myself at the amount of things on the list I HAVE accomplished in my 6 1/2 years in the LoneStar State!

- Ride a bull: Rode the mechanical one at Gilley's while my mother and other friends' parents looked on during a sorority weekend. Classy.
-Party at the Byron Nelson Pavillion: Last summer, thanks for the invite Wild Bill!
-Get pulled over in Highland Park: Junior year of college, for rolling a stop sign (that was a YIELD sign the week before!!!)
-Eat chicken fried steak at Babe's in Roanoke: Ok, so I've had fried chicken at Bubba's/Babe's in HP. Close enough.
-Join the St. Patty's Day crowd on Greenville: This year! Helped MTrizzle's little sis celebrate her 21st with lots of green!
-Tour the Sixth Floor Museum: Did that senior year of college; I also drive by it daily.
-Eat a Neiman Marcus popover: Does it count if I had one at the NM in San Diego?
-Cheer yourself with Christmas spirit: I've done many drives through HP to look at lights and walked by the windows at Neiman Marcus a bunch this year.
-Mix & mingle at Primo's patio on a Tuesday night: Only a couple times, it's too crowded!!
-Lobster shooters at Abacus: L-Dawg's 21st birthday!! Thanks Pappa H!
-Hit the Boulevard on SMU gameday: Duh.
-Shop: Duh.
-Spot Troy Aikman at Mi Cocina: At least twice. Along with J. & Stephen Jones, that one weekend they were following my family. (Seriously, not joking)
-Attend a wedding at the Arboretum: Ok, haven't been to a wedding, but the day I went, there were 2 going on so....
-Mix it up at Sam Moon: Check!
-Cede the popularity of Oak Cliff: I really really wish I'd spent more time in Oak Cliff/Bishop Arts while I was here, I feel like I just really discovered such an amazing place, and now I'm leaving :(
-State Fair of Texas: Finally "went" last year, although I pretty much went straight to the game, but we walked through the fair

Still on my list:
-Arts District: Winspear Opera, Nasher Sculpture Center, Meyerson Symphony Center. I probably won't hit all three, but at least one while I'm still here!
-Tacos from Fuel City: I should do this next week, it's on my way home and I do need a car wash.
-Frozen margarita at Mariano's: Supposedly, he invented the frozen margarita. So, that's a must for sure.
-Enjoy the view: I went up in Reunion Tower when I was visiting SMU, but that was so long ago. I really want to get drinks at 560.

So, while I may not officially be "a local", I'm a really really good resident.

No comments:

Post a Comment