Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hmm.

For lunch today, I decided some yummy comfort food from Pei Wei would be delicious. As I'm walking out of the office, I scroll to "Pei Wei" in my phone contacts and select the "work" listing (yes, there are two Pei Wei to go numbers listed in my phone, deal with it).

A chipper little voice greets me and I say "yes, I'd like to place an order for pick up please."

Chipper Pei Wei voice: (sees the computer recognizes my phone number) "Is this "Yana?"

Me: "Yes it is, I'd like --" (interrupted)

Chipper Pei Wei voice: "Will you be having the Lo Mein with Shrimp and a side of edamame today?"

Me: (pause) "Uh, yes, yes I would, please."

Chipper Pei Wei voice: "We'll have that ready for you in 15 minutes!"

Me: "But I'd like the shrimp steamed!!!"

Chipper Pei Wei Voice: "Steamed? Ok, I'll add that note. See you in 15 minutes."

...

Now, do I find a new Pei Wei location or do I just accept/enjoy how modern technology is making my life easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment