Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Perfect Day?

October 1, 2011 is going to go down in my books as an amazing day. Really, I can't think of much that would've made it any better. It's so rare that you can think about a specific date and say "yes, that was a truly great day" but this will definitely be one of them for me!

I started the day learning that one of my nearest and dearest friends had delivered a baby boy around 3:30am. There had been a few complications during the labor the night before so it was a huge relief to wake up and find out that both Momma and baby were doing well. The little guy has to stay in the NICU a few more days since he was so eager to come in to the world early, but otherwise he's doing just fine. I cannot wait to meet the him when I go to Dallas in a few weeks!!

(The little man, resting with Momma)

Then I skipped yoga in favor of a walk through my new neighborhood; it's hard to resist 68 and sunny at 9AM. 

(i love living in paradise)

Then, it happened. I had a feeling all day something like this was coming, but I kept it to myself (until I started out right shrieking when we went into OT, sorry Mission Beach).

 (huffingtonpost.com)

While actually being in Dallas/at the game in 2005 was pretty awesome, this SMU win over TCU just feels a little sweeter. Unlike the 2005 show stopper in Dallas, the Mustangs won in Fort Worth yesterday, snapping the Frogs' streak of home wins at 22. This game was a high-scoring, knuckle-whitener and I couldn't be prouder to be a Mustang today. 

It feels like the start of something big!


No comments:

Post a Comment