Monday, September 26, 2011

Throwback

Tonight, for the first time in at least five years, I donned a cap, goggles, and Speedo swim suit and hit the lanes at the local Boys and Girls' Club pool. While I'd been toying with the idea of getting back into swimming for awhile (I'm trying to see how long I last without buying a gym membership) my main motivation tonight was to help my roommate prep for her triathlon. Which is this weekend. She's swam about four times, this YEAR. But she did great and I'm confident she'll do well when she hit the Pacific Ocean for her race on Sunday!! 



It felt a little weird to be back in the water (especially since my cap was from my high school waterpolo team and our rival high school's waterpolo team was practicing in the next pool!). I'm definitely out of swim shape and will be feeling it tomorrow, but I enjoyed it. (Not really enjoying the left over scent of chlorine lingering on my skin right now, even post shower). I told myself when I came back to California that I was going to be better about being active and get creative with it, so here I go!

1 comment:

  1. Swimming is such an amazing workout! Good for you getting back into it! Thank you for entering the Beso Win an Iconic Trench Giveaway! Good luck! – xoxo

    ReplyDelete