Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happily Ever After

This past weekend, I ventured back to the great state of Texas to celebrate another family wedding. I have to get pics from BME, then I'll do a big ol' recap post, because it was quite the party!! 

That Sunday, while I was enjoying a much needed brunch at Trudy's (tacos ricos, yum!!) I got a phone call that I'd been expecting all morning.

My lovely bestie Shufy was on the other end of the line, sharing excitedly that her boyfriend had popped the big question...and she said YES! 



Now, as I said, I knew this was coming, because Shufy's boyfriend is my co-worker, Rookie, and he's been so giddy over this that he just couldn't keep it to himself! He'd told me the week prior that he was ready. I'll admit I was a little surprised, considering I'd helped him plan this event for October!

Here is a picture of these two the first weekend Rookie came to visit Shufy last August, when he was still living in North Carolina. We went to Top Golf and Shufy knocked the tee clean out of the holder!


Then Rookie came to visit in October, to experience the annual Shufy family tradition of attending the Texas/OU game at the Texas State Fair...even though Texas lost, we had a great day!


Congratulations you two! April 14, 2012 is going to be a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment