Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday, Thursday?

It's Monday, and I was having a serious case of them well before 7 this morning. But, it's also Thursday, because come Wednesday morning, this chica will be flying over the Pacific Ocean headed for the island paradise known as Hawaii.

Since I'll be sporting that always scary piece of clothing known as a bathing suit in 48 hours, I decided a trip to the gym this morning was a good idea. I had everything laid out and ready to go so when my alarm clock buzzed at 6am I could shuffle out to my car and make it to the 6:30 plyometrics class. Best laid plans right? Alarm goes off, I grab my stuff, get out the door and realize....I don't have my car keys. And yes, I locked the apartment door behind me. FAIL. Silver lining, remembered we have a spare hidden. Keys recovered, on the road and still might make class....as I realize I've driven past the exit, toward work. Exit, turn around, get to the gym, not in time for class, but still enough time for a round on both the stair climber and the treadmill. 

Truly though, I think it's more than a case of the Mondays; it's early onset vacation mindset. This weekend in California was GLORIOUS. I went to the beach AND the pool. I have (faint) tan lines! So gas is $5 and my paycheck is taxed at an absurd amount. My weekend looked like this, in March:



Now, I just have to get through "Thursday and Friday" with some semblance of focus.....

No comments:

Post a Comment