Thursday, May 5, 2011

Smooth Moves

I realized why I moved to Texas….apparently, I’m not very smart in California. I thought my key into my new office didn’t work (turns out I wasn’t turning it far enough, oops). I couldn’t send a fax to our Texas office (I have to hit “1” then the number, not “9, 1”, not just the number) and this morning, was the icing on the cake.

I came in to see our CEO, CFO, a VP and a few other higher-ups all on a video conference. The conference room here is a glass room and it is to the right immediately as you walk through the main door. A few minutes ago I went out to the restroom, and I have to leave our little office suite to do so. As I came back in, I was trying to shut the door as quietly as possible and the DOOR HANDLE FELL OFF. The heavy, metal handle goes clattering to the floor and they ALL turn to look at me.

So much for flying under the radar and slowly acclimating myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment