Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Re-Initiation

Memorial Day Weekend: the beginning of summer, a time to remember those who have given their lives for our freedom, a day off of work, the grill-master's favorite day...

The day I got the most intense, painful, awful sunburn of my life.

It started off very promising: clear blue skies, gorgeous sun. BestMomEver and I played tennis then Lee and I took little Levi on a great walk. I decided it was pool time so I went to the garage and reached for the Australian Gold SPF 30 sunscreen that BME has been buying for years. It looks like this:


Being the sun-smart, fair-colored girl that I am, I promptly went upstairs and slathered myself head to toe with sunscreen, taking care to cover often missed places such as the ears, tops of feet and along bathing suit lines. I went to the pool and took care to re-apply the sunscreen multiple times throughout the day.

When I got home, I felt a little tinge and thought "oh, I must've stayed out a little too long, I'm a bit burnt."

20 minutes later, I got out of the shower and basically what I saw in the mirror was red. Lots and lots of bright bright red alllllll over my body.

Turns out, when BME bought the Australian Gold SPF 30 sunscreen, it came with this bottle as well:


(Looks quite similar to the sunscreen, eh?)

Australian Gold Tan Extender, for AFTER sun use, to extend your new bronze glow. No SPF.

Guess what I used all day as "sunscreen". 

I'm not a happy camper today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment